With an estimated 20+ billion pods to be consumed in 2017, the industry needs Eco-Friendly Solutions that offer all of the advantages of being in single-serve capsules without any of the wasteful byproducts.
Intelligent Blends is proud to offer our Award-Winning #5 Recyclable Pods to clients who promote sustainability. An innovation in the single-serve coffee and beverage market, the team at Intelligent Blends is passionate about positively impacting the environment one cup at a time. Our Recyclable cups are comprised of an advanced proprietary blend of #5 Recyclable Polypropylene (PP) along with other eco-friendly materials which gives our cups a 2 year shelf life.
Recyclable Capsules Offer a Superior Moisture BarrierWhile both traditional plastic pods made from polystyrene (PS) and recyclable pods made from polypropylene (PP) include EVOH as an effective moisture/oxygen barrier, our recyclable PP cups boast 15x the moisture barrier of PS cups.
ACTUAL Water Vapor Transmission Rate DATA:
Polystyrene (PS) = 0.00817 g/package/day
Polypropylene (PP) = 0.00054 g/package/day.*
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Committed to developing sustainable solutions in the single-serve market, Intelligent Blends is staying on the cutting-edge actively working with companies all over the world to research and develop innovative single-serve packaging products that will continue to positively impact the environment. Recyclable pods are just the beginning. As part of our commitment, we proudly offer our innovative Recyclable single-serve capsules at no extra cost. Since introducing our “Eco Pods” in March of 2014, we’ve packed millions cups for Brands and Roasters all over the United States and abroad.
- COST – Provide an equal cost alternative for a superior Recyclable produce.
- QUALITY – Provide a solution that improves the quality of the product and/or extends shelf life.
- SUSTAINABILITY – A solution that is more sustainable with substantially lower Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- RECYCLABILITY – Potential to recycle both externally and even closed loop.
Polypropylene (PP) vs. Polystyrene (PS) Environmental Comparison
Polystyrene (PS) versus Polypropylene (PP) for Green House Gas emissions – Polypropylene (PP) produces 43% less Green House Gas emissions. This difference is attributed to the savings in energy required to produce the polymers during the production process.*
* Source: “Cradle-to-Gate Life Cycle Inventory of Nine Plastic Resins and Four Polyurethane Precursors,” prepared by Franklin Associates for The Plastics Division of the American Chemistry Council, 2011.