“K-Cups® have driven all of the growth in the coffee category since mid-2012″
Between 2009 and 2013, traditional roast and ground volume declined by 1 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR), while K-Cups grew at an 80 percent CAGR. The trend continues in 2014 and beyond, with reports indicating that single-serve is now accounting for nearly 41% of ground coffee sales. It’s estimated that 15 billion k-cups® will be consumed in 2014. From the smallest roasters to biggest brands the single-serve beverage market is exploding with growth.
SINGLE-SERVE MARKET UPDATE – August 13, 2014
- Single serve is the fastest growing grocery SKU in North America for 2 years running.
- It’s estimated that 15 billion k-cups® will be consumed in 2014.
- Coffee Volumes Have already Outpaced US Food Volumes for 2014.
- Intelligent Blends LP introduced Recyclable Single-Cups and has since packed tens of millions of eco-friendly cups for brands and roasters all over the US and abroad.
- Intelligent Blends LP wins SCAA People’s Choice Award for Best New Product in Packaging for the #5 Recyclable Eco-Friendly Capsule. Read More ›