Published July 1, 2021
In today’s world, drinking coffee isn’t always as simple as just pouring some from the pot and calling it a day. There’s lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, cold brew—and that’s just naming the few. With the variety of options out there, making your morning cup of coffee can be complicated, but thankfully, there’s K-Cups®. We’re all familiar with the simplicity of K-Cups®. You pop one into your coffee machine, fill it up with water, and call it a day. But have you ever thought of gourmet K-Cups®?
If you haven’t, you’re probably wondering, are high-end K-Cups a thing? And are they here to stay? The answer to both of these questions is a resounding yes.
So now that you know that K-Cups® specialty coffee is a real thing, you’re probably considering if you add them to your brand’s coffee offering to capitalize on this opportunity and provide your customers with the best coffee-drinking experience.
In this post, we’ll be discussing what industries use high-end K-Cups®, what makes a K-Cup® “gourmet”, how they’re made, and more. Keep reading for a full overview about gourmet K-Cups® or use the links below to go straight to the section that interests you most.
- What Industries Use High-End K-Cups®?
- What Makes a K-Cup® “Gourmet”?
- Why Invest in Making Luxury K-Cups®?
- How Luxury K-Cups® Are Made
- Stand Out with Your Own Gourmet K-Cups®
What Industries Use High-End K-Cups®?
Gourmet K-Cups® are useful in a myriad of industries. Just think how much you could impress your clientele if you had high-end coffee pods out on display for them to use? Using gourmet K-Cups® makes your business more memorable and helps you stand out amongst competitors. People don’t forget a good cup of coffee- especially when it comes from a K-Cup®.
Here are just some of the many industries that would benefit from carrying high-end coffee pods:
- Coffee shops
- So your customers can take your coffee home and easily make their favorite signature blend themselves.
- Luxury hotels
- You want to provide your guests with the very best experience, and that includes quality coffee during their stay.
- When someone orders a cup of coffee at a restaurant, they usually fear that it’s been sitting on the machine for too long and isn’t going to be fresh. Impress your customers with freshly made coffee from a delicious gourmet K-Cup®.
- Specialty food/grocery stores
- Stores that tend to cater to higher-end customers will want to carry the very best foods and beverages, including gourmet coffee pods.
- Other services within the hospitality industry
- Tourism agencies and cruise lines would benefit from offering high-end K-cups® to their customers who want a more gourmet cup of coffee when they travel.
What Makes a K-Cup® “Gourmet”?
Long gone are the days of plain old coffee pods, luxury coffee pods are here and they’re not going anywhere. You can find coffee pods in every variation imaginable: there’s flavored coffee pods, latte coffee pods, tea pods, hot chocolate pods, and so much more. With a K-Cup®, consumers get to experience the joy of drinking coffee, without having to go through all the work of making it. All they have to do is pop a pod into their coffee maker and viola, they’re done! Offering premium coffee K-Cups®, allows you to deliver this experience to your customers and become their go-to brand for making their favorite brew at home.
You may be wondering: what makes a K-Cup® “gourmet”? How does it differ from the regular coffee pods we’re used to using? There are a few important characteristics that differentiate a luxury K-Cup® from a regular one:
- Bean quality
- Gourmet coffee, at its root, goes back to the quality of the coffee beans
- High quality coffee uses premium Arabica coffee beans which gives the coffee a fine aroma and rich flavor.
- Intelligent Blends sources the top 10% of coffee beans in the most premier growing regions, promising high-quality coffee in every pod.
- Flavor Profile
- The beans used in gourmet coffee should make it taste less bitter and create a smoother, slightly sweeter flavor profile.
- Intelligent Blend mixes old world artisan batch roasting with modern technology to create smooth coffee blends with a rich flavor profile.
- Comes in a variety of flavors
- Gourmet coffee pods come in an array of flavors, such as peppermint, French vanilla, Irish cream, and more.
- Intelligent Blend gourmet K-Cups® are completely customizable so you can create your own blends and flavor profiles.
- With an increase in environmental awareness, companies who source their beans from farmers who use sustainable methods for growing their crops cater to a higher-end consumer.
- Intelligent Blends prioritizes sustainability by using green coffee beans and offers 100% recyclable K-Cups®.
- Gourmet K-Cups® have unique traits that differentiate them from other K-Cups®.
- Intelligent Blends uses an innovative luxury K-Cup® design with a ribbed cup and a bottom dimple that yields 43% more coffee extraction than competitors which creates a fuller, more consistent taste with every pod. This design also has a longer shelf life and is made with patent pending technology.
Why Invest in Making Luxury K-Cups®?
For many people getting their morning cup of Joe from their local coffee shop just isn’t practical—whether that’s due to their busy lifestyle or the financial commitment. That’s exactly why you should consider adding K-Cups® to your product line.
K-Cup® specialty coffee is a wise investment for several reasons, including:
- High-end coffee is growing in demand, especially among younger demographics.
- It can help your brand stand apart from other coffee brands that can’t compete with your coffee quality.
- Can help your coffee become a customer favorite, helping you retain a loyal customer base.
- Can help increase sales and appeal to a wider demographic of coffee drinkers.
- Offers sustainable options so customers can make more conscious choices when they consume their coffee.
Individuals are drinking more coffee at home now than ever. According to a 2020 Sprudge survey, consumers have 2.77 cups of coffee each day on average, so having a single-cup option is smart for your business. Customers want to drink high-quality coffee, but don’t want to go through the whole process of brewing it themselves. Gourmet K-Cups® are the solution to that problem.
How Luxury K-Cups® Are Made
So now you’re probably wondering: how are luxury K-Cups® made? The process goes something like this:
- K-Cups® are loaded onto machines and the pods filled with ground coffee.
- Coffee filters are then applied to each pod.
- Every K-Cup® is inspected and weighed to ensure it is filled correctly and meets standards.
- The pods are then labeled with a brand’s logo.
- K-Cups® then get packaged into boxes and are ready to be sold and distributed.
Intelligent Blends ensures consistent quality with every K-Cup® we make and are responsive to all customer demands. We implement technology driven systems in our productive facilities which improves the efficiency through automation. And above all else, Intelligent Blends promises a state of the art working environment with safety measures in place. Intelligent Blends also has a variety of facility certifications, including: GFSI/BRC Certified, QAI Certified Organic, SCS Global Services, Fair Trade Certified, QAI Certified (Star-K) Kosher, Eco-Management and Audit Scheme, and UTZ Certified.
If you’re not sure about how to go about shipping gourmet K-Cup® pods, Intelligent Blends has you covered. Intelligent Blends offers fulfillment services available exclusively for co-pack customers. We will pick and ship the boxes and offer Amazon FBA prep and wholesale cartons. There are many reasons to choose Intelligent Blends for fulfillment including:
- Your inventory will be split across multiple locations to fit your customer’s needs
- Shipping costs are reduced
- 1-3 day ground shipping to most places in the US
- You can ship to anywhere in the world
- Tracking info is immediately sent to your store and customers
- Same-day order fulfillment
- Orders placed online are sent to the store that is closest to the customer to be filled
- Inventory transfers are managed by Intelligent Blends to reduce outside costs
Stand Out with Your Own Gourmet K-Cups®
There’s really no way you can go wrong when it comes to investing in gourmet K-Cups®. They’re high-quality coffee your customers can make right from the comfort of their own homes. Whether your gourmet coffee pods are used at home or at a hotel, high-end K-Cups® are useful in many circumstances. All you have to do is pop one in your coffee machine and you’ve got yourself a steaming cup of decadent coffee in no time. Offering gourmet K-Cups is a great way to make your brand stand out and appeal to the growing demographic of young people who love to drink their coffee at home. And Intelligent Blends makes for an excellent partner to help you do just that.
Intelligent Blends offers recyclable coffee pods that are completely customizable to your individual brand. Custom gourmet K-Cups® provide your customers with a convenient single-serving option, and you can even buy the pods at wholesale prices to save money. What’s not to love? We all know that there’s nothing better than that morning cup of coffee—so why not make it gourmet?
Contact an Intelligent Blends representative to get started on making your own brand of gourmet K-Cups® today.